Episode 41: (9/24/2019)
“The Wendigo” by Algernon Blackwood
The show is opened with the song “M’en Revenant de la Jolie Rochelle” or “C’est L’aviron” which is an old Canadian Voyageurs’ song.
A great compilation of Algernon Blackwood’s work that I recently purchased myself can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1500677434/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Episode 40: (718/2019)
“August Heat” by W. F. Harvey
Dedicated to Jonathan Jaekle
“The Avenging Phonograph” by E. R. Punshon
Dedicated to Collin Arnett
“The Case of Lady Sannox” by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Dedicated to Robin Sand
I am not including any links to works by these authors today, partly because squarespace is being difficult, and partly because I believe you are all brilliant people who can find these works on your own just as I do. You hear the names and the stories, and you can search amazon or Barnes and Noble just as I do to find these great works. Look for some that fit your fancy and that fit in with your library. OR speaking of libraries, stop on down to your local library and borrow these books from them. They love your patronage, and while you’re there, you can find several of the other random services that libraries offer to the community that are all so great.
Thanks for listening everyone! Feel free to email/tweet/or facebook me at any time - let me know what you think, what you like/don’t like, and what you would like to hear more of. I appreciate all of you and would love to hear from more of you.
Have a good night!
Episode 38: (5/21/2019)
Dedicated to friends John & Rose, and Cori W.
“Man Overboard” by F. Marion Crawford
For the compilation of pirate and ghost stories that I found this story in, click HERE
Thanks again for listening everyone!
Episode 35 - Catching Up Series: Part 1: (5/1/2019)
The Triumphant Return of BSSH!!! It has been several months since we have been away! I’m sorry, I’ve been busy with grad school and other things, but I haven’t gone away for good.
We have four episodes coming out rapid-fire for you fine listeners to get caught up with some content - or rather, for me to get caught up with getting you content. I have found some great stories for you all though and I hope you enjoy them!
“For the Blood is the Life” by F. Marion Crawford
Episode 34 - Someone You Dream Of: (12/3/2018)
Short interview with friend Claire Cylkowski discussing the details of her upcoming trip to assist the Karnes Probono Project in Karnes Texas. Additional information about this project and how you can help can be found in the links below:
To donate to help the project, click HERE
To learn more about the Karnes Probono Project, click HERE
To learn more of the history of the National Lawyers Guild, click HERE
To learn more about RAICES, a nonprofit agency providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families and refugees in Texas, click HERE
“What I Got” by musical guest Braden Canfield from his album “Seven Songs of Dying (and Another)”
“The Wishing Tree” by Stephen Young
To Learn more about Stephen, visit his website HERE
You can also follow Stephen on Twitter: @stewriting
“Someone You Dream Of” by Stephen Young & The Union
To learn more about Stephen Young & The Union, visit their website by clicking HERE
Thanks for listening everyone!!!
- Episode 27 (Belated 2nd Anniversary Special!): (1/18/18)
- "Glass Stones" by Matthew Hogan
- "In an Absent Dream" by Marian Thorpe
- Songs "Gentle Sailor" and "I Spent Eternity in Target Yesterday" off the album Soul, Stone and Sundry by musical guest Braden Canfield
- Episode 26 (2017 Halloween Special!!!): (10/29/2017)
- "The Toll House" by W. W. Jacobs
- To download the W. W. Jacobs short story compilation ebook entitled "Sailors' Knots" for free thanks to the Gutenberg project, click HERE
- I was going to link to some good Barnes and Noble compilation of W. W. Jacobs stories, but I can't seem to find one. If any of you listeners knows of a more contemporary or full anthology of W. W. Jacobs works, please let me know - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Episode 25 (International Podcast Day Special!): (10/3/2017)
- "The Passenger" (Excerpt from the book The Sailing Master Book II: The Long Passage) by Lee Henschel Jr.
- "Sutter's Well" by Jeff Chapman
- You can find out more about Jeff by visiting his website at
- Jeff kindly sent me a copy of his book - The Black Blade: A Huckster Novel which is next up on my reading list. If you would like to read that book as well, it can be purchased HERE
- Jeff's other books can be purchased through his website or on
- Finally - I forgot to give out a thank you to the listeners who reached out to me over my summer hiatus. I have said on the show before that I don't often hear from the listeners - I haven't heard good or bad comments, gotten feedback on what I'm doing or not doing on the show, etc. However, I have to say, when you all reached out saying "Hey, we miss you! Do another show" or "Bob! We are all caught up, where did you go? Can you come back?" I was very touched. It meant a lot to me and it was the encouragement I needed to get back in the studio. Thanks everyone.
- Kim G. - your story submissions will most likely be this years Halloween Special so - Stay Tuned!!!
- Episode 24: (6/28/2017)
- Updates about the show!
- Book recommendations and updates regarding the brand new "Bob's Book Reviews" page.
- We are now also available on stitcher - on demand radio (as well as nearly every other podcast source)
- "The Facts in the Case of M. Hussman" by Jeff Chapman
This episode of Bob's Short Story Hour features the stories "Why the Squonk Weeps" by author Jeff Chapman and "The Meaning of Life According to Fred W. Kane" by P.W. Bridgman as well as the songs "Jesus and Darwin" and "Dakota Sunflower" performed by musical guest Braden Canfield.Read More
- Episode 5: (03/23/2016)
- "Under the Bridge" by Jeff Chapman
- "Fairy Lake" by Patrick Marsh
- "The Quest of Iranon" by H.P. Lovecraft
Download the first episode of BSSH by clicking on the Download link above. Or listen right here. Episode is also available as an iTunes podcast.